Friday 4 January 2008

Cross and Crescent



So a few summers ago during the Israeli massacre of Lebanon I became interested in Lebanon and having done research I realised how all religions lived so peacefully together, especially Christians and Muslims, and that really inspired me. Being a Muslim (Sufi) myself, I loved how the two religions were so close and in love. It really goes well with my Sufi thinking, and so therefore, I wanted to design something as interesting as the unity pendant above, this is still an ongoing project.









So my final design so far

3 comments:

HoNa said...

one question!
why you chose these colours?!
do they represent anything?!

apax said...

does anybody know where to buy a cross/crescent necklace?

Aftab said...

I believe you can buy it from Lebanon, try looking on the net, because I havn't been able to find it anywhere at the moment, I did try making one myself out of metal, but it wasn't as good (obvioulsy!).

If you find it anywhere, do let me know, I'd love to have one too!