Thursday 31 January 2008

Andalucia

This is an oil painting titled Andalucia. It's my first painting in oil, painted just a few weeks after my Chopin in Acrylic. Although it was very unusual experience using oil, especially for someone who has only ever played with poster paints and acrylic at school. I must admit I really enjoyed the slow drying process, aside from the fact every time I tried to lift it, and no matter how carefully I did so, my fingers would smudge a bit of the sky or some other part of the painting. I have used medium thick brush strokes to give it a feel of It took around 2 months for this to dry completely, and its only now that I realised that it was because I used the paint straight from the tube and didn't thin it out. I don't mind anyway I prefer the thick texture, it adds drama when it catches the light, I prefer it this way. I hope you concur.



No comments: