Friday 7 December 2007

I'm dreaming of a 'colourful' christmas...


..With every Christmas card I design. May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be colourful.... :-)

I know that doesn't work as well as the original song, but I've certainly decided to rewrite it.

And that is because I have good news. I entered a Christmas card competition having found out only a day to go before the deadline, the brief was asking us to design a card that was compatible for people of different languages and of people of different cultures.

I decided the imagery of a dove as a symbol of peace would be a very iconic thing to use. And chose to do that in a tessellation. of course it suggests a natural, never ending, ongoing peace (exactly what i want)and to bind it all together I chose to change the colour of each doves corresponding to its religious affiliation and therefore putting across a message of peace for everyone at this very festive time of the year.

I hope you like it. The card can be found here. It is the 3rd card on the list.

Here are some of the other quick designs I had submitted.








*Update*

(03.01.08)

So I ordered a few of the cards, and I received them in the post a few days back. I have to admit they do look rather grand in print.





No comments: